Thursday, April 14, 2011

Slam Poem?

So, I read my poem yesterday. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought. Though, I do wish I'd read a poem I thought of later that day:

Damnation
No where near elation
Simple fixation
Only mutilation
Give into temptation
Easy sedation
Lack of concentration
No reason for celebration
Devastation
No time for relaxation
Transformation
Complete suffocation
Rewritten declaration
No more complication
Salvation

I like it a lot better than the one I did read. Point is, it's over, and I'm happy about it. Really talking in front of people was my problem with this, it was the word 'perform' that made me unhappy. Most of the time (out in the 'world of work') you most likely won't be asked to get up on a stage and perform anything.

Though, I must say that a little of my stage fright has disappeared, and I'm glad that it has. Between slam poems yesterday, and being in band for three years, I think I'm pretty good at stages now. Just don't ask me to sing anything, because I just won't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment