Thursday, May 12, 2011

I Hope My Kids Will Be Different


I've seen what kids today are watching, and I can't say that I approve. The word "Pissed," isn't exactly a cuss word, but it's not like I want a six year old going around and saying it.

And sagging! Why?! It is the most ridiculous fad I've ever seen. I've already said that if my nephew even thinks about it, it'll be more embarrassing if I pants him than it will be if I just pull up his pants. Wear a belt! I mean come on, I don't really wanna see your boxers or your basketball shorts. I'm sure if some people actually looked up the way that sagging got started, some would be steered away from it. So, go look it up people!

My kids are going to be taught things like what a gun is and how to use one. That's sort of how I was brought up, and I know what a gun can do, and I never thought of even touching one unless my dad was around. These are the kind of things that parents are all shocked about. "You let your kid handle a gun!?" The answer to that is yes, but only to show them how to be safe around them. Kids are curious about things they don't know about, if they're introduced to something like that, then they know how to be safe.

I can't imagine letting my kids lay around playing video games all day. Facebooking every second of free time that they have. No. If I need to, I'll definitely kick their butts outside to get some exercise. I'll teach 'em how to throw a ball and I'll go to their games.

I just hope they'll be different. That they'll care about their grades, the lives of others, and their future. I hope, that one day, far, FAR, into the future when I have kids, they'll actually like me as much as a kid can like their mom, and I just hope their lives end up the way they wanted them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment