Friday, February 25, 2011

Poetry (Post #4)

Well, well, poetry. I don't really like you all that much. Sometimes poetry can be cool, and pretty, but I'm not good at it. I'm more of a story person. I like to be told what you mean, and I like details. For me poetry lacks those. Its like a blurry picture for me.

I don't like to write it, because I feel like I don't get my point across, and I just can't put passion into it. That lack of experience and knowledge of how words can flow together in poetry I think will really make performing my slam poem difficult. Not to mention I'm not a good performer in the first place.

For me, any poetry that I make seems...well...scatter-brained and it sounds like I have no idea what I'm talking about, but that's because I have a hard time fitting it all together. Poetry is writing, yes, but it is something completely different from writing a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment